It is my extreme pleasure to inform you all that this week’s post has as many great links as last week’s. Enjoy!: Secrets of the space blobs … It’s like “tryin’ to breathe through your feet” … Behold the bamboo bike … Spike Lee marks 20 years since Do the Right Thing, and it’s been 25 years since the release of Prince’s masterpiece, Purple Rain … “I have huge respect for many thoughtful religious people—I just think they’re incorrect” … But not as incorrect as Fox News … Rock on: Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White spend two days together; “He was just screaming, ‘Kill, kill, kill‘ in Swedish as they were holding him down”; a thousand pounds of heavy metal; dad, dad, daddy-o … Speaking of fathers, the First Dad reflects … A couple of tough old warriors are still taking orders and carrying them out … “[T]hat’s been the problem with our Jewish friends for centuries” … The whole word could be fed solely by Africa … “You know you’re screwed when two of your biggest creditors are your ex-wife and your former boss” … I love America, so many choices … The making of a memory … I scream, you scream, we all scream wtf … Soundgarden reunion in the works? … A 250,000,000-year nap … Guess what country’s lingerie stores are staffed almost entirely by men … Richard Marx is ashamed, but not of his career … For footy fetishists: the US is slowly climbing the ladder; life bans on some brave Iranians; damn the vuvuzela … We might be related … Ryan Grim explains how the media covered for the CIA amid the Iran-Contra drug scandal … I was happy to see Jeff Buckley on it but Stevie Wonder shoulda been higher, Brian Wilson shoulda been way higher, and Chris Cornell, Brad Delp, Bruce Dickinson, Ronnie James Dio, Elizabeth Fraser, Michael McDonald, Seal, Geoff Tate and Ann Wilson shoulda been on the list … More on that list’s No. 25: Stevie Wonder took it hard; “I hope they cover up the autopsy report”; A. Whitney Brown on the celebrity sickness; he’s “only a ‘symbol of our cultural rot’ because we put him there“; a talented singer in his own right recalls the Gloved One talking with Leonard Bernstein about acne; Diana Ross didn’t discover MJ, and you’ll be surprised to know who did … Friend of S&R Wendy Norris is moving on … And finally, the one and only William Shatner gives Conan O’Brien a night to remember. ∞
Click here to learn more about past honorees...
- Two years of bigotry by Donald and his Administration scholarsandrogues.com/2019/07/13/two… https://t.co/nuLvkg01t7 1 week ago
- There are important questions that need answering. twitter.com/docslammy/stat… 1 week ago
- Donald’s many moral failings have infected his entire Administration scholarsandrogues.com/2019/07/03/don… https://t.co/VZoShspRli 2 weeks ago
- This is a HUGE Trump problem, but it’s not unique to him by any stretch. twitter.com/scholars_rogue… 3 weeks ago
- The #executiveorder is becoming a serious problem for the US. The #president is too damned powerful.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago