Donald’s personal moral compass is so badly broken that his moral failings have corrupted the entire Administration.
I started tracking the horrible things said and done by Donald and his administration (plus a few key allies) on July 1, 2017. That’s two years ago now. And in those two years I’ve counted over 2500 unique examples of loathsome, unAmerican, even outright fascist behavior. I’ll be squelching through the muck of each category superset over the next week or so, starting today with Donald’s lack of personal morality.
Overall total number of unique instances of awfulness between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2019: 2,531
Failures of personal morality
- Covering up, excusing, or committing adultery: 31 instances, or 1.2% of all instances. For example, Donald’s supporting fellow adulterer Roy Moore for Senate and Donald’s repeated lies about his hush money paid to Stormy Daniels prior to the 2016 election.
- Hypocrisy: 581 instances, or 23% of all instances. For example, many members of the Administration have used private email accounts for government business (but Hillary’s emails!), actions on immigration that members of the Administration criticized Obama for doing.turning his back on coal miners’ health.
- Lying: 575 instances, or 22.7% of all instances. For example, Donald has lied over and over and over again with respect to the Meuller report, falsely identified migrant caravans as national emergencies, and people like former Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke who lied on their resumes about the jobs they’ve held.
- Mocking the disabled (or, more broadly, belittling and bullying people): 251 instances, or 9.9% of all instances. For example, Donald’s attacks on then dying John McCain, or his cuts to disability programs, or his many examples of bullying his political opponents and media figures.
- Narcissism: 429 instances, or 16.9% of all instances. For example, Donald apparently imagined that the Boy Scouts called his speech the “greatest,” his repeated calls for a military parade, and his claim to have been inspired to build a border wall by the Flight 93 Memorial.
- Excusing or ignoring rape: 13 instances, or 0.5% of all instances. For example, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos has repeatedly supported male attackers over their female victims with respect to rape on campus, refugees who are also underage rape victims were denied abortion access, and Donald denied that he raped E. Jean Carroll by saying “she’s not my type.”
- Excusing, downplaying, or ignoring sexual assault (and sexusal harassment): 62 instances, or 2.4% of all instances. For example, Donald’s Administration has hired many men who were fired for sexual assaults that were exposed by the #MeToo movement and the White House limited the scope of investigations into now Justice Kavanaugh’s alleged sexual assault of Christine Blasey Ford.
Next up: Donald’s many forms of bigotry