If you have a Facebook account it’s damned-near inconceivable that you haven’t tripped across the 30-Day Song Challenge. You may even have done it (or be in the midst of doing it) yourself.
I was thinking about having at it myownbadself, but I couldn’t imagine just posting a song on some of these days (come on, my favorite song? The debate over what that song is could fill volumes) without providing context, argument, whatever. So I thought heck, there’s nothing that says I have to do it within the limited confines of Facebook, is there? I can make a series of it at S&R.
Which is what I’m a-fixin’ to do. Some notes:
- It will be 30 songs in 30 days. Except it’s unlikely that those are going to be consecutive days. I’m busy, I get distracted, and I may get so involved debating with myself that it will take multiple days to make up my mind in some cases. So 30 songs in 30 days that may stretch out over a couple of months. Bear with me.
- I hope you’ll play along. I notice that my posts on music tend to start the best arguments, and I’ll be happy if that continues to be the case. I plan on insulting some bands and artists along the way (I have already drawn a bead on my first victim, in fact), and with luck I’ll get that sharp stick into someone you hold sacred.
- Feel free to play along, either in the comments or on FB. Link back and forth, invite your friends, whatever.
Here are the songs to be posted by day:
- day 01 – your favorite song
- day 02 – your least favorite song
- day 03 – a song that makes you happy
- day 04 – a song that makes you sad
- day 05 – a song that reminds you of someone
- day 06 – a song that reminds you of somewhere
- day 07 – a song that reminds you of a certain event
- day 08 – a song that you know all the words to
- day 09 – a song that you can dance to
- day 10 – a song that makes you fall asleep
- day 11 – a song from your favorite band
- day 12 – a song from a band you hate
- day 13 – a song that is a guilty pleasure
- day 14 – a song that no one would expect you to love
- day 15 – a song that describes you
- day 16 – a song that you used to love but now hate
- day 17 – a song that you hear often on the radio
- day 18 – a song that you wish you heard on the radio
- day 19 – a song from your favorite album
- day 20 – a song that you listen to when you’re angry
- day 21 – a song that you listen to when you’re happy
- day 22 – a song that you listen to when you’re sad
- day 23 – a song that you want to play at your wedding
- day 24 – a song that you want to play at your funeral
- day 25 – a song that makes you laugh
- day 26 – a song that you can play on an instrument
- day 27 – a song that you wish you could play
- day 28 – a song that makes you feel guilty
- day 29 – a song from your childhood
- day 30 – your favorite song at this time last year
Day 1 – my favorite song (kill me, please) is tomorrow. For now, a little something to celebrate getting it started up in here.