Scholars & Rogues is in the process of refreshing, updating and expanding our operation (you’ll see some changes in the coming days and weeks, with any luck), and one of the things we’re doing is increasing our emphasis on guest contributors. We’ve always published outside writers, and the truth is that there’s a lot of talent out there, talent that could use an opportunity to connect with a larger audience.
So, if you’d like to write something for us, or if you know someone whose work might be a good fit here, have a look at our new submissions page. In general:
- We’re interested in a wide range of topics. There are probably subjects we don’t want to publish, but we have an open mind. Try us.
- We look for the same things in guest writers that we do from our own staff. We want takes that are smart and well-informed, that present insights our audiences may not have considered before, and that represent a strong, dynamic point of view.
- We’re also proud of the high level of writing at S&R, and are especially interested in writers with a commitment to craft and style.
- S&R is not only looking for writing, we’re looking for visual art and photography, as well. That includes graphic arts and cartoons. And video, and audio – again, we have an open mind.
- We’re not sure exactly how prestigious we are, but if you’re concerned about building your portfolio, S&R represents a legitimate line on the résumé. We’re an established online magazine that consistently ranks among the Technorati Top 5,000 and we’ve been ranked as high as #822 – which isn’t bad, considering that Technorati tracks and ranks in excess of 850K blogs.
If you’d like to be considered for inclusion in Scholars & Rogues, visit the Submissions page for guidelines and contact information, and please feel free to share this with other writers, photographers, artists, etc.
Categories: scholars and rogues