“If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise don’t put it there.” Who said it? The answer is at the end of this post. Now on to the links! … “After a dozen years of patient work, Schmidt has uncovered what he thinks is definitive proof that a huge ceremonial site flourished here, a ‘Rome of the Ice Age‘” … “This document gives details on how law enforcement can grab user data from a wide range of Microsoft services” … “Observers have locked onto a galactic get-together that’s happening relatively nearby” … “If you do that, I am here to stand behind you” … “It is the first time the title has been held by a non-American for 16 years” … “Not quite sure how a Union soldier ended up in Aunt Ellen’s backyard, but he’s there” … “Soldiers, you are now cleared to use your thumb drives again” … “My Friday chat on ESPN.com drew 42,000 questions” … “It is antithetical to the concept of public health to wait until you have human bodies to do something” … “To perform a routine getting angry about the vapidity and stupidity of some TV commercial seemed lazy and a cheap laugh” … “Anti-immigration group Numbers USA discussed a variety of tactics to thwart an upcoming march by immigrant rights supporters” … “As a former physics major and long-time math nerd, I love Pi Day” … “[Propagandists don’t want us] to see everyone in the world as essentially just moms and dads trying to get by and trying to do what’s best for their kids” … “The craft’s approach to Pluto has begun” … “This is a big deal after eight years of lackluster enforcement” … “I’m not going to get on the ice and strip down naked and roll around” … “While the prison system still grows and corporate welfare continues, the politicians want to ‘balance’ the budget on the backs of the most vulnerable, least able to pay” … “This is a bold, new world, but Shuttle will always have a special place in my heart” … “We expect to create plenty of jobs in coming years, but guess what: they won’t be in the U.S.” … “Scientists have discovered an energy source that you can see only through a microscope” … “The Texas Board of Education approved a social studies curriculum that will put a conservative stamp on history and economics textbooks” … “The reality is every bit as fantastic as the dream” … “Why did we work so hard for this organization, and why did it feel so wrong in the end?” … “Look at the whole budget picture and think about what it says about our country’s commitment to science, technology, and education” … “I’m referring to serious financial management problems at the Department of Defense” … “The Standard Model is our (nearly) complete map of every fundamental particle and force that exists” … This issue’s quote was from Anton Chekhov … And finally, “Sen. Al Franken will be the subject of a new comic book.” ∞
Click here to learn more about past honorees...
- RT @docslammy: @FBBarcelona bounces @ChelseaFC from @ChampionsLeague: some thoughts about where the Blues are and how we get better https:/… 4 days ago
- #PresidentBigBoyPants: The #WeekinSnark, 3/13/18 scholarsandrogues.com/2018/03/13/pre… @stormydaniels @nfl @davidfrum… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- It's time for America to adopt #hatespeech laws scholarsandrogues.com/2018/03/07/eno… #freespeech #freedom #hate #hatecrime… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- The time for politeness on gun violence is well and truly past scholarsandrogues.com/2018/02/23/the… https://t.co/y1XTBeyhVY 3 weeks ago
- Why won't the @GOP act on #guns? Here's a BIG reason nobody talks about. scholarsandrogues.com/2018/02/21/why… #StopGunViolence… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 weeks ago