“The man who never looks into a newspaper is better informed than he who reads them; inasmuch as he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.” Who said it? The answer is at the end of this post. Now on to the links! … “One guy is setting actual policy, and one guy is re-pimping his old ideas in front of a crowd of glad-handers” … “Today America got a big win” … “This city could soon be the largest in the nation without a single bookseller” … “The devil’s in the fees” … “Major chemical companies will have no choice but to join him in bio-plastics” … “More than one-fifth went on to commit new crimes” … “It is a myth that women are better off under the new government than the Taliban” … “The star has agreed to promote Sobieski Vodka” … “The former cabinet minister who told me that Gordon Brown would be ‘an absolute disaster’ has outed himself” … “It’s a bit curious that the software can’t recognize African-American faces” … “Federal prosecutions soared” … “This is arguably the best solar land in the world” … “He called elements of the House bill wacky and socialist” … “Finci was informed that he was ineligible because he was a Jew” … “Microsoft must pay more than $290 million” … “Michelle and I just got the shots ourselves” … “He’ll get $73,200,000 as compensation for a job well done” … “Tens of thousands of women and young girls have been assaulted, kidnapped, raped and mutilated” … “I am seriously concerned that the health reform bill violates the Constitution” … “An inside view of the lives of Secret Service agents” … “Winehouse heckled a production of Cinderella“ … “People realize that I’m a great player, and one moment doesn’t define a person’s career” … “Kane dutifully assured senators he supported the program, notwithstanding Reagan’s stated desire to eliminate it” … “Opposition politicians blamed the president for the killing” … “Michael Jackson’s Neverland Favorites” … “There is no Boys Choir of Harlem” … “Obama’s critics will be remembered as easily panicked and prematurely discouraged at best and shriveled hatemongers at worst” … “For someone opposed to the immorality and hedonism that he sees embraced in rap lyrics, O’Reilly knows how to start a hip-hop-style feud” … This issue’s quote was from Thomas Jefferson … And finally, “Symphony of Science is a project designed to deliver scientific knowledge and philosophy in musical form.” ∞
Click here to learn more about past honorees...
- RT @docslammy: #bohemianrhapsody review: your mileage WILL vary. scholarsandrogues.com/2018/11/08/boh… @BoRhapMovie @QueenWillRock https://t.co/ImbCoDoVzZ 5 days ago
- The war for the soul of America continues scholarsandrogues.com/2018/11/07/the… https://t.co/28wyFE94z8 6 days ago
- Vote to defend American democracy scholarsandrogues.com/2018/10/30/vot… 2 weeks ago
- Vote Democratic as if lives depend on it, because they probably do scholarsandrogues.com/2018/10/23/vot… https://t.co/czv0I8zEQ0 3 weeks ago
- Donald Trump is still a fascist – Part Four scholarsandrogues.com/2018/10/15/don… https://t.co/7eb6gzKV5O 1 month ago