Hot links from recent days: “Dear wife of John” … The cold fusion debate is on again … Orwell’s Animal Farm was refused publication–by T.S. Eliot … Gaddafi more empowered than ever, which again begs the question, why is he still just a colonel? … John Mellencamp sizes up the music biz … The Gitmo guard who found Islam … China’s planning a Karl Marx musical, tentatively called If This Van’s a-Rockin’ … This week’s Sound Business Solution™: Teacher selling advertising space on tests … Greg Palast marks 20 years since the Exxon Valdez disaster … A Palestinian youth orchesta performs for a group of Holocaust survivors–and gets forcibly disbanded … Wallace and Gromit and science … Nate Silver rightfully rips the “worst pollster in the world” … Courtney Love’s being sued for libel over her online rants; but, boy howdy, Michele Bachmann makes Love look boringly sane … Rob Lovato on sea change in El Salvador … Found: long-hidden video of a historic dunk … On April Fool’s, is the joke on us? Update on the computer worm here … Switzerland, Italy are changing their borderlines–thanks to melting snow … Scientists develop an organic-detecting tricorder … Matt Taibbi: Hey, whiny AIG guy, fuck off and die … And speaking of F-bombs, Andy Richter gets a bunch dropped on him. ∞
Click here to learn more about past honorees...
- The early days of American fascism scholarsandrogues.com/2019/08/11/the… https://t.co/bQLJvMenmn 6 days ago
- Well-regulated and gun regulations scholarsandrogues.com/2019/08/09/wel… https://t.co/7kPK9BXC1y 1 week ago
- #Privilege, thy name is #AmyWax scholarsandrogues.com/2019/08/04/pri… The Amy Wax/UPenn problem isn’t about academic freedom, it’… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- The WASR-10 rifle is a military weapon scholarsandrogues.com/2019/08/03/the… https://t.co/tRlnh4C8fy 2 weeks ago
- Two years of bigotry by Donald and his Administration scholarsandrogues.com/2019/07/13/two… https://t.co/nuLvkg01t7 1 month ago