Hot links from recent days: Want Bruce Lee-like strength without hitting a gym? … Obama to shield science from politics, writes Rob Stein … The Holodeck is real … The GOP has a plan to save America … The unseemly, scandalous side of quilting …. Ralph Nader rues the bottomless bailout … So what is it? Do dolphins have a sense of the future? … Farming’s about to be fabulous, says Jim Rogers … How to cure a low libido? Of course, daily sex! With a partner, even … Guy Larson describes the making of a narco state … Is belief in a higher power an evolutionary asset? … LEAVE LIMBAUGH ALONE! *Sob* … Our first president (honest, I cannot tell a lie) waxes eloquent on the truth about blogs … Study music, rewire your brain … In Afghanistan, women battle warlords while fighting for women will get you 20 years … Matter, meet anti-matter … The intrepid Seymour Hersh ties Dick Cheney to an “executive assassination ring“; more on Cheney here; and a courageous lawmaker ups the ante … Behold: EyeTube! … Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner of Newcastle-upon-Tyne is selling wine. Who, you ask? … The recession has reached Africa, reports Shashank Bengali … Obama survives a close call … Jurassic Concession Stand … David Leonhardt laments the looting of America’s coffers … Screw Paul—Gordon Gekko was right … Rare WWII-era color photos of American life … Where are Sol’s lost siblings? … And finally, Ricky Gervais and Elmo hit it off. ∞
- RT @CraigRozniecki: nytimes.com/aponline/2020/… 2 years ago
- Paradigm shifts both welcome and not scholarsandrogues.com/2020/04/07/par… https://t.co/ubDyn4wcqn 2 years ago
- A hypothesis for climate response during COVID19 scholarsandrogues.com/2020/03/28/a-h… 3 years ago
- A deep dive into the possible meanings of the phrase “well-regulated militia” scholarsandrogues.com/2020/03/07/a-d… https://t.co/wJu0e9ci4Y 3 years ago
- Words matter – how the use of the adverb “well” requires the existence of “not-well,” aka “poorly”… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 years ago
Those 14 WW2 era photographs are amazing! Thanks for sharing that link.
Thanks for turning us on to websites I normall wouldn’t see. I liked the photos best too.
As for the sex every day, even though a woman suggested it in this case, isn’t it just coercing them to conform to the cyclical (fill up, empty out, fill up, empty out) nature of men’s sexual needs? As inconvenient as the non-cyclical nature of most women’s sex is to men, persuading women to operate more like men in this realm makes me uncomfortable.